[Mageia-dev] List of un-maintained packages

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 29 18:36:39 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Bruno Cornec at 28/11/11 12:41 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> I received recently a mail from Samuel Verschelde asking me to look
> again at the list of un-maintained packages in mageia (either
> http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/data/unmaintained.txt or by mgarepo maintdb
> get | grep nobody). Thanks for the reminder !
>
> I was really surprised of what I found, and I'm pretty sure some people
> have not registered themselves as package maintainer correctly. I can't
> believe we could have a working distribution without people in charge
> of:
> attr
> basesystem
> bind
> bison
> busybox
> cpio
> curl
> cvs
> docbook-*
> dosfstools
> findutils
> flex
> gdb
> ghostscript
> grub
> gzip
> initscripts
> inn
> keychain
> less
> lilo
> locales
> logrotate
> lzma
> mageia-release
> man
> man-pages
> mkinitrd
> mt-st
> mtools
> ncurses
> netcat-traditional
> ntp
> openjade
> openssl
> openvpn
> pam
> parted
> passwd
> procmail
> sane
> sgml-common
> shorewall
> sqlite
> sudo
> sympa
> sysstat
> tcp_wrappers
> tcpdump
> tcsh
> termcap
> traceroute
> udev
> util-linux-ng
> xinetd
> xmodmap
> (And this is really a list of what looks to me mandatory, I'm sure each
> here will make its own, with differences).

As I've said before I'm happy to be part of a group that maintains some
core things (udev, pam, initscripts to name a few) but I don't have the
time or energy to be the sole official maintainer.

Until someone actually implements some sensible way of handling groups,
I doubt the maintainership (or rather the lack thereof) of some of the
core packages will change much. :s

Sadly I've not really got the time or energy to look at implementing the
afore mentioned sensible way of handling groups either!