[Mageia-dev] Removing obsolete packages

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Wed Nov 30 08:21:00 CET 2011

Michel Catudal a écrit :
> Le 29/11/2011 19:40, Funda Wang a écrit :
>>
>> Does the idea include removing srpm also?
>>
>> 在 2011-11-30 上午2:07,"nicolas vigier" <boklm at mars-attacks.org
>> <mailto:boklm at mars-attacks.org>> 写道:
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     When a package is no longer supported, without being replaced by an
>>     other package, and needs to be removed from the distribution, the
>>     current procedure is :
>>      - move the package on svn to obsolete directory
>>      - ask a sysadmin to manually remove the package from repositories
>>
>>     Instead of asking a sysadmin to do it, I propose that we create a
>>     package task-obsolete, with obsoletes on all packages that need
>> to be
>>     removed, so that the removing of the package will be done by youri.
>>     I think it would be better :
>>      - anybody with commit access can do it without asking a sysadmin
>>      - we can have a list and logs of packages dropped since previous
>> Mageia
>>       release, which can be useful when writting release notes
>>      - users who don't want to keep unsupported packages installed on
>> their
>>       system can install the package to remove them
>>
>>     What do you think ?
>>
> How about putting back previously unsupported packages? The only text
> editor that I use is joe and someone has decided to remove it from
> Mageia.
> I took the Redhat Enterprise version and ported it to mageia. For a
> while the maintainers of joe has incorporated a bug that would make it
> such that it would core dump if you tried to open more than one file
> at a time.
> I am willing to maintain this package.
>
> Michel

No problem, since you are willing to maintain it, as long as it makes it
past QA.
(Which means the core dump problem would have to be solved, if not already.)

It would be  an update to cauldron, and a backport for Mageia 1 (unless
it was in Mandriva 2010.1/2, in which case it would be an update).

--
André