[Mageia-dev] Unable to boot into kernel-3.1.3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Nov 30 15:19:18 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Kira at 30/11/11 14:11 did gyre and gimble:
>  Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:08:27 +0800, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>
> 寫道:
>>
>> OK, I'll speak to Harald about his plans for dracut regarding mounting
>> /usr... I'll be in touch.
>>
>> Col
>>

> So I should delay any further update to the kernel?

Well, it's just initrd updates really (technically you could fix up the
initrd manually but it's a bit fiddly to go into the details of exactly
how right now!) so updating the kernel isn't really a problem as you can
just recreate the initrd again later as you've already done. You may as
well uninstall kernel 3.1.3 tho' as it's just buggy generally and you
likely won't ever use it.

I just spoke to Harald about it and he informs me that the git version
of dracut does the necessary mounting of /usr, so I'll look into
creating a package tonight (hopefully - depends how successful my
adventures into plumbing go this evening - my house is getting pretty
cold without heating so it's the first priority!) and give you a ping to
test. It'll basically involve updating the dracut package and then
recreating the initrd as previously mentioned and rebooting, so it's
pretty easy to test :)

Cheers