[Mageia-dev] List of un-maintained packages

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Nov 30 18:13:07 CET 2011

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> 'Twas brillig, and Manuel Hiebel at 29/11/11 22:33 did gyre and gimble:
> > Feel free to add something in a wiki page: like here
> > https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Packaging#Main_packages_by_category
> >
> > Personally (and it's going the same for the bugsquad), for new bugs, we
> > add in cc the committers of the package, but if you don't like that, we
> > can go with the specific groups way.
>
> I certainly don't mind being CC'ed in in these cases and it's definitely
> been useful so I'm very much in favour of the bugsquad doing thing until
> anything more official gets done.

I don't know if we need something else than what we have now. We can do
it like this :
 - Sometimes we have a few people maintaining a package, and someone
   agrees to act as official maintainer (listed in maintdb), have bugs
   assigned to him and forward them if needed to other co-maintainers of
   the package
 - Sometimes we have a few people maintaining a package, but nobody wants
   to be official maintainer, so bugsquad forward bugs to last committers
   of the package

Or maybe what we need is something to automatically add people in CC for
some packages ?