[Mageia-dev] GNOME 3.2 or 3.4 for Mageia 2?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Sat Oct 1 21:58:20 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 11:02:57AM +0200, Dexter Morgan wrote:
> i think 3.4 would be a nice choice ut as told it depends of the
> schedule. If you think this can be ok,  i trust you.

GNOME schedule wise it is ok, I just don't know what things need to be
done from a distribution. e.g. iso file size.. we'll need to monitor
than continuously IMO

> Is it doable to do like mikala for kde and do updates for gnome 3.4.x
> during mageia lifecycle ?

Yeah, that is mandatory. We have to provide the stable updates. The more
people use software, the more bugs are found. So we have to provide
stable updates to fix everything that was found (no matter how much
testing you do in a group, if you have 50x the amount of users, they'll
find way more bugs).
--
Regards,
Olav