[Mageia-dev] About gvfs-1.8 with Gnome 2.32

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 3 10:19:25 CEST 2011

Hi Pacho!

Hope you are well?

'Twas brillig, and Pacho Ramos at 29/09/11 17:07 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello
>
> If I don't misremember you bumped time ago gvfs-1.8 to be used with old
> Gnome 2 but, a bit later, it was dropped. Do you remember why did you
> need to drop it? Any incompatibility with Gnome 2?
>
> Thanks a lot for the info

Is this in Cauldron? I'm not sure we're even going to provide a gnome-2
for mga2... don't think that's really be officially decided yet.
Personally I'd be in favour of concentrating on gnome 3.

Are you interested in a mga2 Gnome 2 version or are there other reasons
you want gvfs 1.8?