[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] 1 core/updates_testing terminator-0.96-1.mga1

Manuel Hiebel manuel at hiebel.eu
Wed Oct 5 12:32:04 CEST 2011

Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 18:44 -0400, Lev Givon a écrit :
> Received from Manuel Hiebel on Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 06:39:58PM EDT:
> > Le mercredi 05 octobre 2011 à 00:35 +0200, Mageia Team a écrit :
> > > Name        : terminator
> > > lebedov <lebedov> 0.96-1.mga1:
> > > + Revision: 151564
> > > - Update to 0.96.
> > Why ?
> >
> > (And there are some python-* in updates_testing without bug report for
> > the QA.)
>
> Where should they go?

according the policy:

For the most part, an update should consist of a patched build of the
same version of the package released with the distribution, with a few
exceptions:

      *     Software versions that are no longer supported upstream with
        updates (firefox and thunderbird seem to fall into this category
        these days)
      *     Software that is version-bound to an online service (games,
        virus scanners?) and will only work with the latest version.
      *     We will make exceptions for packages that did not make it
        into mga1 and are additions to the distribution, provided they
        do not impact any other packages and can pass full QA.

Updates are not the appropriate place for packages created to satisfy
certain user's urges for “the latest”. These types of builds belong in
backports.

http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=updates_policy