[Mageia-dev] MANDATORY READ : 7 days before misc unleashes CERBERUS !

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mageia.org
Sun Oct 9 11:22:43 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:06:07PM +0200, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> You may know it or not, many packages have no maintainer. This is due to the
> fact that we had no maintainer database when we boostrapped the distribution.
>
> Excluding perl packages (a lot of packages, all maintained by jq), we have :
> 1118 packages with a maintainer
> 4931 without a maintainer !
>
> Full list: http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/data/maintdb.txt
>
> As a result, many bugs are sleeping in bugzilla, because the triage team
> doesn't know who to assign them to. If we want our distribution to succeed,
> this is a situation that can't continue.

[...]
> Packagers with submit rights can participate, but apprentices too, because we
> really need everybody's help here ! If your mentor agrees to take the
> maintainership instead of you until you get commit rights, tell him what
> packages you want to maintain.
>
> In the following days, all your keyboard should see is:
>
> mgarepo maintdb set packagename yourlogin
>
> Best regards
>
> Samuel Verschelde, going to grab some packages
Ok, I’m grabbing my packages there are quite a lot of them that should
disappear now.

Though, I’m in the process of moving to another city atm, so I’m very
busy at the moment and can’t do a lot wrt maintainance of my packages.

Hopefully everything will get sorted sooner or later, but I don’t expect
to have much time until christmas…

Sorry for not announcing this earlier, but personal life got in the way
sooner than I expected :/

Please don’t hesitate to contact me by direct mail if you’re stuck on
some of my packages like Stormi did a few days ago, I read them (but not
daily)

Best regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD