[Mageia-dev] TeamViewer under Cauldron x86_64

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 12 14:41:37 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Robert Fox at 11/10/11 08:51 did gyre and gimble:
> I can't seem to get TeamViewer to install:
>
> [oot at ThinkFox Downloads]# urpmi teamviewer_linux.rpm
> A requested package cannot be installed:
> teamviewer6-6.0.9258-1.i386 (due to unsatisfied libXdamage(x86-32))
> Continue installation anyway? (Y/n) y
> [root at ThinkFox Downloads]# rpm -qa | grep libXdamage
> [root at ThinkFox Downloads]# urpmi libXdamage
> No package named libXdamage
> The following packages contain libXdamage: libxdamage-devel,
> libxdamage-static-devel, libxdamage1
> You should use "-a" to use all of them
> [root at ThinkFox Downloads]# urpmi libXdamage1
> Package libxdamage1-1.1.3-1.mga1.i586 is already installed
> [root at ThinkFox Downloads]# rpm -qa | grep libXdamage
> [root at ThinkFox Downloads]# updatedb
> [root at ThinkFox Downloads]# locate libXdamage
> /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1
> /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1.1.0
> /usr/lib64/libXdamage.la
> /usr/lib64/libXdamage.so
> /usr/lib64/libXdamage.so.1
> /usr/lib64/libXdamage.so.1.1.0
> [root at ThinkFox Downloads]#

rpm -q --provides -f /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1

But as others have said, the package being installed is simply not built
with our deps in mind, so either create a dummy "bridging" package that
requires our libxdamage1(x86-32) and provides libXdamange(x86-32) or
just force the install.