[Mageia-dev] mageia 2 and systemd

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 13 11:23:57 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Kira at 13/10/11 06:08 did gyre and gimble:
> 在 Thu, 13 Oct 2011 04:08:48 +0800, Thierry Vignaud
> <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com>寫道:
>
>> On 12 October 2011 21:00, philippe makowski
>> <makowski.mageia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> how and when will we make the move ?
>>> should we need to provide native systemd service files for Mageia 2 ?
>>
>> Would you have tried to install Cauldron, you would know it's enabled
>> by default.
> I know colin had explained before, but my cauldron still lost sound in the
>
> last update and I got no idea how to get it back. Any idea, guys?
>
> I looked into /etc/pam.d and renamed system-auth.rpmnew to system-auth,
>
> but after doing so I still got no sound.

Then you need to check systemd-loginctl to see if your user is listed.
If it's not then that is the primary problem. If you are not listed,
then you need say which DM you use (e.g. gdm or kdm) and we can take it
further.

If you are listed, make sure you have permissions on the sound device
nodes (getfacl /dev/snd/pcm*)