[Mageia-dev] RPM features/issues/wishlist

Per Øyvind Karlsen peroyvind at mandriva.org
Fri Oct 14 20:33:29 CEST 2011

2011/10/14 Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net>:
> Le vendredi 14 octobre 2011 19:30:01, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
>> Le vendredi 14 octobre 2011 16:19:18, Per Øyvind Karlsen a écrit :
>> > I've started to ramble on some of the features, issues, ideas etc. to
>> > work on and consider
>> > for our (Mandriva Linux) next development cycle, and in the interest
>> > of sharing work and
>> > coordinating efforts with others, while inviting others to contribute:
>> > http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Tasks/Packaging/Tools/RPM/TODO
>> >
>> > While it's certainly written from a vendor POV (and also rather crude
>> > for the moment), I'm cross-posting
>> > this one as it's of potential interest to others as well and the idea
>> > is for things to be as generic as
>> > possible anyhows.. :)
>> >
>> > So I invite others with the interest to contribute to the discussion
>> > on the list and wiki, proposing
>> > ideas, gather a list of issues that needs to be addressed, and do some
>> > general brainstorming
>> > and uhm.. "stuff". ;)
>>
>> I don't know RPM internals well, the only thing that comes to my mind is
>> improved packagekit support for Mandriva / Mageia.
Don't necessarily need to know RPM internals for proposing features,
or issues you'd
like to see be solved. :)

> Maybe also the package management related items in the Mageia 2 specs can be
> of interest:
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iso2:technical_specification#package_management_infrastructure
Ah, yes, most certainly. :)

I can leave some comments on your wiki, while adding what I personally
find useful and interesting to my
wiki page where I'll keep track of it's current progress (at my end at least;).

Thx for the pointer btw., this was kinda more the response I was hoping for! :o)

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind