[Mageia-dev] [packages-commits] [155472] added 2.14.2 sources

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:04:47 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 22:26, Johnny A. Solbu <cooker at solbu.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 16 October 2011 21:59, Jani Välimaa wrote:
>> You can prevent all this by "silencing the commit msg".
>
> Is there documented somewhere what type of changes is to be silenced, and why?

The ones who are not interesting in package changelog.

If changelog is :

5.1.2
- Update to new version
- Update patches
- Oops commit the updated patches

5.1.1

The "Oops" line is not useful to someone reading the changelog.
It just means that you used two commits to "Update patches" instead of
one, that does not need to appear in changelog so should be SILENCEd.

Same for "fix typo in the patch I just committed", etc...