[Mageia-dev] [changelog] cauldron core/release gdm-3.2.1-1.mga2

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 19 10:39:50 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Mageia Team at 19/10/11 07:26 did gyre and gimble:
> Name        : gdm                          Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 3.2.1                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 1.mga2                        Build Date: Wed Oct 19 08:18:14 2011
> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: ecosse
> Group       : Graphical desktop/GNOME       Source RPM: (none)
> Size        : 1702567                          License: GPLv2+
> Signature   : (none)
> Packager    : Mageia Team <http://www.mageia.org>
> URL         : http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
> Summary     : The GNOME Display Manager
> Description :
> Gdm (the GNOME Display Manager) is a highly configurable
> reimplementation of xdm, the X Display Manager. Gdm allows you to log
> into your system with the X Window System running and supports running
> several different X sessions on your local machine at the same time.
>
> wally <wally> 3.2.1-1.mga2:
> + Revision: 156474
> - new version 3.2.1
> - create own subpackage for gir .typelib
> - clean .spec a bit

For packages that have a pretty high impact, you probably should test it
before updating.

In this case 3.2.1 introduces a new dconf system which totally breaks if
you don't do some %post stuff to update the actual data file.

These instructions were clearly documented and if you'd tested the
package even minimally, you'd have seen the problem and no doubt found
this commit quickly (I saw the problem, did a temporary fix), logged in,
looked in git and found the commit immediately and then fixed the spec
accordingly).

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gdm/commit/?h=gnome-3-2&id=25004e4d11bbd2e8a22d5bcf49f294e9f63d2ce5

So please in future, be considerate and test these packages before
pushing otherwise you'll get a lot of unhappy users who cannot log in!