[Mageia-dev] [changelog] cauldron core/release gdm-3.2.1-1.mga2

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 19 11:19:58 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Olav Vitters at 19/10/11 10:16 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 09:39:50AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> These instructions were clearly documented and if you'd tested the
>
> I actually think this should've been communicated better from
> upstream... asked the maintainer to send a msg to
> distributor-list at gnome.org + put clearer warnings in the NEWS file.

Yeah true, but that still doesn't excuse the lack of testing, especially
in a package as complex a gdm (I've spent a lot of time updating it ot
the latest gnome-shell version and integrating with systemd permissions
etc, so I know it's a somewhat "temperamental" package that shouldn't be
updated blindly).

But perhaps Ray will send that email - the git tag for 3.2.1 is not even
pushed yet so I figure we're very quick of the mark grabbing the
tarballs here.