[Mageia-dev] [changelog] cauldron core/release gdm-3.2.1-1.mga2

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Oct 22 13:26:28 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 19 octobre 2011 à 12:41 +0200, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> On 19 October 2011 11:19, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> > Yeah true, but that still doesn't excuse the lack of testing, especially
> > in a package as complex a gdm (I've spent a lot of time updating it ot
> > the latest gnome-shell version and integrating with systemd permissions
> > etc, so I know it's a somewhat "temperamental" package that shouldn't be
> > updated blindly).
>
> We could use sg like fedora's bodhi.
> uploaded packages would be in a temp repo for a week pending
> ACK by testers...

That's only when there is a release near ( ie, after the distribution is
branched ), or for update. Not for general developpement in rawhide. And
there isn't much participation to that, if we look at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F16/

I do not think we should aim for a completely bug free distribution on
cauldron, as this would just push everything to updates-testing, which
in turn would just add another layer, and make thing more complex. If
there is risk of bug somewhere, some people will avoid it, no matter
what we do.
--
Michael Scherer