[Mageia-dev] Updating a new install is too long...

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Thu Oct 27 16:02:37 CEST 2011

Mageia 1 is a nice distribution and I install it on more and more PC.
But updating after an install is very long, too much long.
Now, 600 packages must be updated after an install. This shows a good health
of Mageia but it is too much for users.
My ADSL link is not very fast and a lot of people use a slower link.

A workaround is necessary. There are two path:
1- publish each month a new iso: mageia-1a, mageia-1b, and so on
2- create an iso with updates: mageia-1-upd01, ...
In each case, the sources of packages must be updated.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/