[Mageia-dev] Please test: initscripts+systemd in updates_testing

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Oct 29 23:26:08 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 27/10/11 22:44 did gyre and gimble:
> On 22 October 2011 18:07, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> YMMV, so please test. Make sure you're confident of restoring your
>> system (e.g. via rescue CD or similar) should it be totally busted for
>> you :D
>
> GDM failed to load:
> # cat /var/log/gdm/:0-greeter.log.1
> gnome-session[2246]: DEBUG(+): Enabling debugging
> gnome-session[2246]: DEBUG(+): GsmXsmpServer:
> SESSION_MANAGER=local/julihasoig:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/2246,unix/julihasoig:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2246
>
> gnome-session[2246]: ERROR: Error loading dconf profile 'gdm': open
> '/etc/dconf/profile/gdm': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

This was a temporary error in one particular version of gdm that was
updated a while back. It only existed for a couple hours and I posted
about it on this list, so I guess your system is not fully up-to-date or
it broke again in a new way... note that this upstream handling of this
wasn't ideal and they've since decided to do things differently. I'll
look at this tomorrow as I don't think we actually switched to it.

If it's still a problem after tomorrow's update, please let me know.