[Mageia-dev] Re : Re : Re : E17 packaging

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Oct 31 22:40:02 CET 2011

Le lundi 31 octobre 2011 à 16:56 +0000, Philippe Reynes a écrit :

> So, yes, there isn't any way to manage bug/security issue in a very
> easy way when upstream team don't provide stable tarball. So, what is
> the mageia policy in this case ? no packaging at all ? "private"
> packaging ?

So far, there is no policy specific for this issue. Hence the importance
of discussing.

Personnaly, I think we should really try hard to avoid a 4th
firefox-like problem.

I also think the current way is not something that will satisfy upstream
coders if we ship old versions of their software when they think it is
not ready.

So as Florian told, maybe packaging a proper script to update e17 could
help. I think we can ship the stable bit of e17, for people wanting to
use them.
Or see
https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/2011-October/009155.html
for other type of solution.