[Mageia-dev] cauldron core/release rtl8192ce_se_de-0004.0816.2011-1.mga2

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 00:31:47 CEST 2011

2011/8/31 Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org>:
> 31.08.2011 20:40, Mageia Team skrev:
>>
>> Name        : rtl8192ce_se_de              Relocations: (not relocatable)
>> Version     : 0004.0816.2011                    Vendor: Mageia.Org
>> Release     : 1.mga2                        Build Date: Wed Aug 31
>> 19:39:13 2011
>>

> Why did you upload this crap ?
>
> You didn't even wait for response on the problems you reported last night :/
>
> This is duplicating code that is already in 3.x series kernels.

This
> When/If upstream kernel code does not work, report it to the linux-wireless
> ml, so it can get fixed upstream!!
>
> The only time we provide vendor-released stuff it when it's not supported in
> upstream kernels.
>
> I also told you I'll sync up kernel-firmware-extra to get the updated
> firmwares provided.
>
> I also told you you cant ship the firmware in the same srpm as the driver as
> the firmware belongs in nonfree!!

I have talked with you yesterday about this in wich i told that the
drivers from Realtek site would fix the problems cause by the current
realtek drivers in current kernel-3.0.x

You said that the firmware files should be in nonfree repository, and
that part could simply been fixed instead removing packages that
provide good modules, that do not the cause the problems reported in:

http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2011-August/023854.html
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-295896-start-0.html

and you have simply erased good packages when you could simply moved
the firmware package to nonfree repository.

But all this was told you yesterday and still you erase the package.

--
Zé