[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release apache-2.2.20-1.mga2

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Thu Sep 1 15:21:57 CEST 2011

On 01.09.2011 15:23, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 01/09/2011 13:10, Mageia Team a écrit :
>> guillomovitch<guillomovitch>  2.2.20-1.mga2:
>> + Revision: 137516
>> - add missing LSB headers to htcacheclean init script
>
> The script handling the changelog need some serious fixes. Usually it
> cumulates the changes for several releases, while here it only take
> accounts the changes between previous failed submission attempt, and
> this one.

What is happening is that markreleases for mga1 are done for the
cauldron tree, causing changelogs for cauldron releases to be grouped
according to submissions of mga1 updates_testing:

$ mgarepo rpmlog -s apache
* Thu Sep 01 2011 guillomovitch <guillomovitch> 2.2.20-1.mga2
+ Revision: 137516
- add missing LSB headers to htcacheclean init script

* Wed Aug 31 2011 guillomovitch <guillomovitch> 2.2.17-5.1.mga1
+ Revision: 137231
- new version
- drop suexec PATH patch
[...]

As I noted in #mageia-sysadm several months ago, the steps needed to fix
this are:

1) disable markrelease on these submits
2) propedit the wrong markreleases (look for post-final mga1
markreleases in cauldron tree) to have invalid log msgs so that mgarepo
will ignore them
3) add markrelease to the final update move (from _testing to updates)
script, or make the youri action run markrelease in the originating tree
instead of cauldron

--
Anssi Hannula