[Mageia-dev] perl-Sys-Mmap package review

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 00:28:19 CEST 2011

On 31/08/11 23:17, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 31/08/2011 15:20, Barry Jackson a écrit :
>> Hello,
>> Would someone please review the attached src.rpm for the above, with a
>> view to committing it.
> Here you have...

Many thanks Guillaume

> You'd better use an author-neutral URL for the sources, such as
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Sys/%{upstream_name}-%{upstream_version}.tar.gz
>
> This way, if another maintainer submit a new version, the URL will stay
> valid (and automatic update tool will work).

Yes - I learned something
> The runtime depency on perl is useless: you can't install mageia without
> perl anyway, and the minimal version isn't very helpful either.

Done
> But you do need a build dependency (buildrequires) on perl-devel, as it
> is a native perl package, you won't be able to build without it.

Done
> you should not include the debug files (the .debug, and the source
> files), they will be automatically included in the implicit
> perl-Sys-Mmap-debug package. Especially as the path you're using here is
> x86_64-specific :) So just forget them.
>
> You should not own the %{perl_vendorlib} directory (it belongs to perl
> package), but just the subdirectory %{perl_vendorlib}/Sys, which is the
> base directory for your package files.

Thanks - that explains the problem with the debug etc. as well - they
were being listed as installed but not packaged hence my comment and
their inclusion ;)

> The %clean section isn't needed anymore with rpm 4.8

OK sth else I learned.
> Usually, the document files (%doc macro) are listed first, but that's
> purely cosmetic.
Moved.

Some of your above comments would also apply to the current
perl-Sys-Mknod.spec which I used as a template ;)

Updated version attached.

Barry.