[Mageia-dev] noarch vs. arch

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:24:26 CEST 2011

On 3 September 2011 18:52, Liam R E Quin <liam at holoweb.net> wrote:
>> xml-info is used for the data not found in synthesis.
>
> At one point I started to look at using dbxml to read these, which could
> make rpmdrake much faster... it uses the bsd db package to keep an index
> of XML documents so you can search without having to parse again, for
> example...but dbxml wasn't packaged. I could look into it again; dbxml
> has APIs in multiple languages (including Perl as well as many others).

Pardon me but I'm quite a bit skeptical before absence of numbers.
I think you don't know what is slow in rpmdrake...
Though urpm::media::configure does consumes a couple seconds to
parse synthesis, what is actually slow is then computing the updates

You cant claim doing this or that would speed up anything without
actually testing something first...