[Mageia-dev] more testing for systemd: defaulting to it

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 9 11:41:39 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Kira at 09/09/11 08:34 did gyre and gimble:
> I got problem with systemd. If you switch to systemd and systemd-sysvinit,
>
> then after some update to pulseaudio/kde, you lose sound after rebooting.
>
> Switching back to sysvinit everything back to normal.

I've covered this several times on the mailing list already.

Check your /etc/pam.d folders for .rpmnew files, especially for system-auth.

You need to make sure the pam_systemd.so module is loaded.

To confirm this is the problem simply check: systemd-loginctl after
logging in. I you are registered correctly, your user should show up
there. If something is messed up with your pam configs you likely won't
show up in the user list.

HTHs

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]