[Mageia-dev] tracker...

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Sat Sep 10 13:13:52 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:58:04AM +0300, Jani Välimaa wrote:
> Gnome-shell won't start without tracker and .xsession-errors says:
> (gnome-shell:6244): tracker-WARNING **: trf-persona-store.vala:1102:
> Error fetching SPARQL connection handler:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.Tracker1 was not provided by any .service files
> **

folks has been compiled with the --enable-tracker-backend. By default
fols (IIRC) does not compile the tracker support and only
evolution-data-server (which just has a confusing name) is used.

>From what I remember from the GNOME discussions is that the tracker
support in folks would be split up in somehow, but don't recall exactly.

See also the folks status discussion at the archives of:

desktop-devel-list has a message regarding the tracker backend:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-September/msg00059.html

Think folks should not be compiled with the tracker backend (note: won't
matter much for dependencies of GNOME 3.2; gnome-documents relies on
tracker).
--
Regards,
Olav