[Mageia-dev] systemd vs dm

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Sep 15 15:22:49 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 15/09/11 11:37 did gyre and gimble:
> Le 15/09/2011 07:26, JA Magallon a écrit :
>> one:~# systemctl list-units -a --full | grep log
>> console-kit-log-system-start.service loaded active   exited
>> Console System Startup Logging
>> netconsole.service        loaded inactive dead          LSB:
>> Initializes network console logging
>> systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service loaded active   running       Syslog
>> Kernel Log Buffer Bridge
>> systemd-logind.service    loaded active   running       Login Service
>> systemd-stdout-syslog-bridge.service loaded active   running
>> STDOUT Syslog Bridge
>> syslog.socket             loaded active   running       Syslog Socket
>> systemd-stdout-syslog-bridge.socket loaded active   running
>> Stdio Syslog Bridge Socket
>> syslog.target             loaded active   active        Syslog
>>
>> one:~# rpm -qa --nosignature *syslog*
>> rsyslog-5.8.5-1.mga2
>>
>> one:~# service rsyslog status
>> rsyslog.service - System Logging Service
>>       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rsyslog.service; disabled)
>>       Active: inactive (dead)
>>       CGroup: name=systemd:/system/rsyslog.service
>>
>> Ahh.....why the hell it did not appear with systemctl list-units -a ?
> No idea, but I also had this issue earlier, see my previous mail
> 'systemctl list-units output'.

Yeah I think this must be a bug.

It also has an annoying side-effect of breaking tab-completion for the
"enable" command.

e.g. systemctl enable rsys<tab>

The above doesn't work (I presume the tab completion is likely based on
list-units -a output).

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]