[Mageia-dev] Meeting tonight

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Thu Sep 15 20:53:35 CEST 2011

Op donderdag 15 september 2011 16:12:11 schreef Thierry Vignaud:
[...]
> you're suggering to alter mgaupdate behaviour
> however it just uses rpmdrake's code with an update flag.
> So altering the former's behaviour will alter the later's behaviour
> I don't want to be rude but that "I don't know" is exactly why
> I'm warning from the beginning
[...]

I would think the cleanest solution would be to modify the behavior of the
update flag, to have only effect on the first level (ie: searching which packages
to update), but then internally remove the update flag when recursively getting
the dependencies of those.

Of course, that would dig deep into the code and bugs and regressions are very
possible, that is true...

I personally peeked into the code a bit, but unless we have someone who's very
knowledgable about this code, i don't think this would go safely...