[Mageia-dev] Evolution & Google Calendar / Contacts problem

Robert Fox list at foxconsult.net
Fri Sep 16 11:07:58 CEST 2011

Since I have updated to Mageia (fresh install) - but used an existing
Evolution setup on my /home area previously used under Mandriva Cooker -
I have been experiencing problems with the Google syncing of calendar
and contacts - Is there a way to reset this?

The calendar error is:
Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar1:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited:
Process /usr/lib64/e-calendar-factory exited with status 12

and the contacts error is:

This address book cannot be opened.  This either means that an incorrect
URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.

Detailed error message: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.AddressBook1:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited:
Process /usr/lib64/e-addressbook-factory exited with status 127

Thx,
R.Fox