[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-discuss] MANDATORY READ : 7 days before misc unleashes CERBERUS !

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:44:32 CEST 2011

Le 16/09/2011 11:47, Sander Lepik a écrit :
> 15.09.2011 21:43, Maarten Vanraes kirjutas:
>> I have a script ready to set the last comittor (that's a full
>> packager) as
>> maintainer. perhaps it can be activated before the GREAT PURGE.
> That's not so good idea. What we maybe can do is that we send out a
> warning that if you commit to a package after the warning and the
> package has no maintainer yet then you become one. So that people would
> first check what they get on their name. Many packages were imported by
> Anne, i'm not sure that she's going to maintain them all. :)
>
> I would do something like that:
> 2 months of warning period, if you touch package that has no maintainer
> you become its maintainer. After 2 months we start dropping those
> packages that have still no maintainer.
This whole idea of 'touch a package, become its maintainer' assumes than
anyone modifying a package has an obvious interest in it. However, they
are case when you have rebuild a package just in order to accomodate for
changes you made somewhere else. For instance, rebuilding all packages
linked against a given library after updating this last one to a new
version...