[Mageia-dev] systemd vs dm

Dick Gevers dvgevers at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 17 15:35:32 CEST 2011

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 14:09:57 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote about Re:
[Mageia-dev] systemd vs dm:

>Here's a question... what does your /etc/sysconfig/speedboot say?
>
>I've got SPEEDBOOT=no in there, perhaps try doing that as it affects how
>the sysint stuff works.

Brilliant. Good catch! It was 'auto'. Changing it to 'no' and rebooting
fixes the problem:

systemctl status rsyslog.service
rsyslog.service - System Logging Service
          Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rsyslog.service; enabled)
          Active: active (running) since Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:26:37 +0000;
4min 20s ago Process: 1624 ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl stop
systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Main PID: 1930
(rsyslogd) CGroup: name=systemd:/system/rsyslog.service
                  └ 1930 /sbin/rsyslogd -n -c5

>Obviously we'll eventually strip out all the speedboot stuff as systemd
>completely supercedes it, but this would be a good first step.

Thanks very much for your help! Shall I report this to Bugzilla or will
you be fixing the initscript package on this basis ?

Cheers,
=Dick Gevers=