[Mageia-dev] MANDATORY READ : 7 days before misc unleashes CERBERUS!

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Mon Sep 19 11:55:41 CEST 2011

Le lundi 19 septembre 2011 11:43:40, Jerome Quelin a écrit :
> On 11/09/19 10:57 +0200, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> > Le lundi 19 septembre 2011 09:30:11, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> > >
> > > I think you shouldn't exclude those
> >
> > Why ?
>
> because they are packages like the others, actively maintained & used
> by, you know, mageia users? :-)

I never excluded them from the count because they "don't count", but because
removing them gave a better visibility to package maintainerships. Removing
them showed how little packages had a maintainer, and I think it was more
incitative (and entertaining) to go from 1118 maintained packages to 2000.

Now that the objective of 2000 has been attained, I set the focus on the
number of unmaintained packages, and thought that it was interesting to keep
the same way to count maintained packages so that we still see the progression
we got since we started. I hesitated between 3 objectives :
- more non-perl packages maintained than unmaintained
- help jquelin to have more packages than "nobody"
- less than 2000 packages to nobody.

I chose the objective that was closer to us (going step by step), but if you
want we can chose another one :)

Samuel