[Mageia-dev] Faac and building upon faac

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Sep 20 23:31:44 CEST 2011

Le mardi 20 septembre 2011 à 12:13 +0200, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> 2011/9/20 Balcaen John <mikala at mageia.org>:
> > Le mardi 20 septembre 2011 06:32:47, Philippe DIDIER a écrit :
> >> Hi !
> >> Since sunday september 18th faac is provided in tainted repos for
> >> mageia1 and cauldron.... after some controversy
> > [..]
> >> What do you think ?
> >>
> >> Philippe
> > Well i even initially imported faac & soon after we removed it initially
> > because of the  patents/license issue.
> > So if it's now ok to import it there's no reason to not build packages against
> > it since we do think it's « safe » enough to have it in our repository.
> >
> I don't know, what changed our mind...

Nothing, just nobody reacted or opposed.

Personally, I am rather less than motivated to do anything due to the
whole issue and the lack of reaction by anybody. I am pretty sure that
given the community reaction that I should seek one where I feel more
aligned with their values than the one I helped to create.

--
Michael Scherer