[Mageia-dev] [RFC] msec (nail) can't send reports to local users accounts - require an MTA?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Sep 23 17:30:47 CEST 2011

On 09/23/2011 11:12 AM, Florian Hubold wrote:

> So, when it comes down to the 4 choices, can i sign you up for number 3?
> dma is a really small MTA, requires no configuration so far and if the
> user installs a full-blown MTA that one is used instead of dma.

I assume you mean that it doesn't require configuration for local
delivery.  If it tries to handle full email addresses by delivering
directly to the final-destination MTA by default, it will fail in many
cases because the user's IP address will not correspond to a "trusted" MTA.

My actual choice was a "4A" - fix msec rather than nail.  But, as I
said, I'm OK with 3.  I put MTAs on all of my systems anyway.

> Or did you volunteer for the programming work on msec? ;)

Not unless it can be done in C or Java :-)