[Mageia-dev] sorry to break the threads (a reply to Nicolas Vigier and others that get bored with this...)

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 15:17:18 CEST 2011

Le 27/09/2011 14:54, Philippe DIDIER a écrit :
> *>nicolas vigier*   /Tue Sep 27 13:52:27 CEST 2011/
>
>  >Can you stop creating a new thread anytime you send an email ?
>
> I'm really sorry... It's not deliberate
> Whatever I tried I could never prevent Thunderbird to create a new
> thread when I post in mageia mailing lists.
>
> I ask for some help in an other place ...
> https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-discuss/20110927/005481.html
This problem has nothing to do with your software setup, but from your
current practice. Threads displayed in MUA are not constructed from mail
subjects, but from 'In-reply-to' headers, so just pasting content from a
web browser in a mail client won't work...

If you want to participate to this list, you'd better switch to standard
subscription. I don't see how reading archives on the web instead of
reading your mailbox content would spare you some time anyway. If you
prefer a web-based experience, you'd better use a webmail, rather than
manually skimming list archives.

--
BOFH excuse #22:

monitor resolution too high