[Mageia-dev] sorry to break the threads (a reply to Nicolas Vigier and others that get bored with this...)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Sep 27 16:13:53 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Philippe DIDIER at 27/09/11 13:54 did gyre and gimble:
> *>nicolas vigier*  /Tue Sep 27 13:52:27 CEST 2011/
>
>>Can you stop creating a new thread anytime you send an email ?
>
> I'm really sorry...  It's not deliberate
> Whatever I tried I could never prevent Thunderbird to create a new
> thread when I post in mageia mailing lists.
>
> I ask for some help in an other place ...
> https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-discuss/20110927/005481.html
>
> I hope this doesn't make you to much angry ...

Just use Thunderbird and setup a Newsgroup for nntp.gmane.org. You can
then send and "receive" message for all the Mageia groups via Gmane
without having to subscribe. It also does not break any of the threading.

Problem solved! And it is, in general, a much nicer way to consume
mailing lists IMO.

Also if you use my Thunderbird newsgroup rename extension, you'll get
nice names:
http://colin.guthr.ie/2011/08/thunderavian-renaming-thunderbird-newsgroups/