[Mageia-dev] kernel oops with latest GDM and fglrx

Dick Gevers dvgevers at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 28 22:21:31 CEST 2011

For a while I hadn't been using GDM due to it's various problems (incl.
with systemd).

Last night after upgrading my Cauldron box, which is using fglrx-8.881-1 to
drive my AMD Radeon HD 6570 I thought it was working okay and I also
returned to gnome-screensaver back from xscreensaver.

But tonight I returned to my box to find GDM had stuck at 03:09 hours a.m.
and could not log in (nor change to tty). The running session was xfce4 and
it continued until tonight, according to the logs.

After a reset I found a kernel oops at from 03:09 a.m., as attached.

Should I post this to Bugzilla? Against what package please? Or some other
way to look for a fix?

Thanks v.m. beforehand.

Cheers,
=Dick Gevers=