[Mageia-dev] [RFC] msec (nail) can't send reports to local users accounts - require an MTA?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 28 23:15:46 CEST 2011

On 09/28/2011 03:31 PM, andre999 wrote:

> 3) In the longer term, it seems to me a good idea to have a local-only
> MTA integrated in msec, as suggested by Frank.

Well, that's not really what I suggested.  I suggested that msec include
a very simple and incomplete MUA capable of sending mail via SMTP to
some designated MTA.  That's more like embedding sendmail-command
functionality into msec.  I say "simple and incomplete" because:

1) there would be no capability to read mail
2) the code to send mail needs to be only as robust as msec requires