[Mageia-dev] GNOME 3.2 or 3.4 for Mageia 2?

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Thu Sep 29 21:38:18 CEST 2011

Olav Vitters skrev 29.9.2011 22:22:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 09:50:57PM +0300, Thomas Backlund wrote:
>> And you can obviously guarantee that the gnome release schedule wont slip...
>
> Guarantee, no, but the combined total number of days delayed over the
> last 5 years or so is probably 1 day. The release cycle is *very*
> stable.

But as you stated its only a "likely" schedule so far,
and the https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree also states

"! Attention: This schedule is still a draft to discuss."

so I'm not conviced so far, and it also means noe even our final RC
would have final gnome packages available, wich means a lot of beta/rc
testing wont be done on it... meaning not really a "quality release"
for Mageia 2.

--
Thomas