[Mageia-dev] PLEASE READ. Package adoption campaign: status report (mine, and yours)

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Fri Sep 30 00:57:22 CEST 2011

Please every packager read this mail, there's a call for feedback.

An objective has been reached: there are more maintained non-perl
packages than unmaintained packages !
- unmaintained: 2969
- maintained (non-perl): 3169
- maintained (perl): 2552

We are still far from a totally maintained distro, so the next objectives are:
- find maintainers for core packages.
- reduce the number of unmaintained packages to 2000

Right now, I need your feedback, from each packager individually, with an
answer to the following questions:

- did you grab all the packages you want and can maintain already ?
(not a rhetorical question, this will help to know if there's still room for
improvement or if the current campaign has reached a limit). If the answer
is no, I would be very grateful if you could update your maintainer status
before next packager meeting.

- are there some packages you would have wanted to help to maintain within
a group of maintainers, but for which you are not ready to put your name
alone ? Can you name a few examples ?

- do you have comments about the package adoption campaign, or suggestions ?

Now, various tools:
- flat list, automatically updated: http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/data/unmaintained.txt
- same list, manually updated a few minutes ago, with the number of commits
per packager for each unmaintained package:
http://stormi.lautre.net/fichiers/mageia/unmaintained-per-committers.txt
- (coming soon, from you if you want, or me later) a script that gives you the
list of unmaintained packages that are installed on your system

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde