[Mageia-dev] New bugzilla proposal

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 19:18:57 CET 2011

On 6 January 2011 18:39, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 17:05 +0100, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
>> After reading the various mails i think we coulddo like this
>>

>> Product : Mageia
>>
>> Componments:
>>
>>  - Documentation
>>  - Installation
>>  - RPM packages
>>  - New Packages requests
>>  - Release Media
>>  - Security
>>  - Translations
>
> Could you explain what kind of bug would go in every category ?
>
> For exemple, translation would apply to what kind of bug, same goes for
> documentation ?

I don't have a problem with dropping Documentation; but not
translations, the way it works in mdv buzilla is that when the
Component is set to Translations the i18n ML was CC'ed, which is
advantageous as translators are best fit to fix such bugs (this raises
the question of where translators want those emails to go, which one
of their ML's?).

> If we have a separate documentation, wouldn't it be more logical to have
> it as a product, with various subcomponent like each manual ?
[..]

> For translation, shouldn't it be attached to either a software, a
> website, a document than be separate ?

See above.

> For security, that seems rather vague too, security about the rpm ( in
> which case it would go with rpm packages rather than be separate ), the
> infrastructure ?

Drop it, but the note about "For security sensitive bugs please make
sure to assign to security@ as well as tick the checkbox above" as you
can see here: https://qa.mandriva.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mandriva%20Linux&format=guided

Point is, such bugs can only be seen by the reporter and sec team.

> Release media would mean what, cd/dvd/usb, mirrors ?

All of them, basically anything that has to do with the release ISO's. Examples:
- missing package from DVD or Live ISO's
- wrong md5sum/sha1sum on the mirrors
- missing/corrupt ISO's
- CD ISO's that don't fit on a 700MB CD (as I saw with some of the
2010.2 ISO's which had to be recreated by mdv)

--
Ahmad Samir