[Mageia-dev] Adding Java-Policy

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Sun Jan 9 23:13:08 CET 2011

On 08.01.2011 11:39, Farfouille wrote:
> Le 07/01/2011 10:55, Daniel Kreuter a écrit :
>> As the actual policy is too old, who wants to write a new one describing the open jdk instead of gcj ?
>> My experience in packaging is not too good to do that on my own.
> hi,
> I will be very interested at least to try. I propose to work on it until sunday evening and come back here with my attempt.

My suggestion would be to look at how Mandriva packages are done, as we
will probably initially follow their java policy.
(note that the mandriva java packages do not have the gcj AOT binaries,
and they are compiled with openjdk on archs were openjdk is available)

I'm not saying that a completely new java packaging policy is not needed
(it is), though, so if the java developers have the resources to convert
all imported java packages to a completely new policy, I'm all for it :)

There are around 400 java packages in Mandriva, though I hope we don't
need to import all of them (i.e. hopefully many are unused/old).

--
Anssi Hannula