[Mageia-dev] Proposal for Mageia: implement bitorrent protocol to allow updates download

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Wed Jan 12 11:14:22 CET 2011

Angelo Naselli a écrit :
> mercoledì 12 gennaio 2011 alle 00:12, Michael Scherer ha scritto:
>> I had under the impression that some ISP throttle down bittorrent
> Yes. In Italy it's a common use. Since the most usage of it
> is for... well we all know that... They think all the traffic
> is for that, and they cut the band in any case despite of
> what we're really download...
>
> Angelo

Bell Canada does that too -- but only to give priority to other users.
(So in non-peak times there is no limitation.)
They used the reputed usage, among other arguments, to get
precedent-setting approval from regulatory authorities.
(They serve maybe half of Canadian users.)
A number of smaller internet providers have followed suit.

--
André