[Mageia-dev] Proposal for Mageia: implement bitorrent protocol to allow updates download

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Wed Jan 12 20:14:54 CET 2011

> Thanks Olivier, for saying this much better than I could
>
> wobo, yet another mirror maintainer

yes wobo, but  except Per Øyvind no one has really answered to my question...
i think if that if we want Mageia to become the most popular distro over the
world -yep!- we should find a way to augment the overall bandwith available for
updates download, and what's better than bittorrent protocol to use user
available bandwith to do this? i would like to know:

- if it is possible from a techincal pov
- if it is convenient and useful (overall in a long-term vision)
- if we could plan it for the coming releases (and who could take in charge
this)

cheers,
Marcello