[Mageia-dev] bs down

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Fri Jan 14 17:44:55 CET 2011

Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:

> Le vendredi 14 janvier 2011 à 11:39 +0100, Olivier Blin a écrit :
>> Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com> writes:
>>
>> > Is the bs down. Looks like rpmbuild is missing?

[...]

>> Actually, I already fixed this error in iurt SVN yesterday, but I've now
>> uploaded a package with the fix on the BS nodes.
>
> But aren't the chroot tarball recreated at regular interval anymore ?

No, we would have to put some cron if we want this.
But is it really useful?
If a basesystem change, the chroot gets rebuilt automatically already.
If no basesystem change, the rebuilt chroot will be the same, and does
not have to be rebuilt ("just in case" is usually the wrong way to do
things).

> Would it have helped to remove it ?

It would have helped if triggered every hour, which does not seem
reasonable (I guess it was every 7 days at Mandriva).

Anyway, my iurt fix helps not to encounter this issue anymore, with no
other trick.

--
Olivier Blin - blino