[Mageia-dev] Proposal for Mageia: implement bitorrent protocol to allow updates download

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Wed Jan 19 01:02:24 CET 2011

* andre999 (andr55 at laposte.net) wrote:
> Motoko-chan a écrit :
> Many mirror sites do restrict multiple connexions (per user), so
> evidently it is readily done.  If a mirror chooses not to make such
> restrictions, that is their choice.  It is not good form (to put it
> mildly) for some mirrors to try to dictate mirror policy for other
> mirrors, which could have different interests.
> Limiting the connexion speed could be an easy way to ensure that usually
> everyone who wishes to connect can do so in busy times.  In less busy
> times, multiple connexions to such mirrors causes no problem.

It seems you didn't understood my previous replies, or not read them, or
you're just ignoring them (maybe you're doing all of this together).

How can you say "multiple connexions to such mirrors causes no problem"
whereas I am trying to explain you it causes problems.

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS