[Mageia-dev] Java-Policy first draft published

Farfouille farfouille64 at laposte.net
Thu Jan 20 20:37:23 CET 2011

Le 11/01/2011 12:27, Michael Scherer a écrit :

> Le mardi 11 janvier 2011 à 08:17 +0100, Farfouille a écrit :
>> Le 11/01/2011 00:00, Michael Scherer a écrit :
>>>
>>> Le lundi 10 janvier 2011 à 21:02 +0100, Farfouille a écrit :
>>>
>>> The part about Requires should IMHO be pushed in rpm dependency solver .
>> Apologize for maybe a noob question (btw I'm a noob packager waiting for his turn to be trained ;) )
>> but what do you mean by 'rpm dependency solver' ?
>> Is is a tool to resolve dependencies at user installation time ?
>> A simple link to some kind of explaination will be a perfect answer.
>
> It is a script that add requires on build.
> For example, each time there is a python script, rpm notice it and add
> the requires on python.
>
> See /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires and /usr/lib/rpm/mandriva/find-requires

I didn't find anything that deals with java dependencies in these directories. So I think the policy should be kept unchanged for this point.

>>> I am not sure for the requires on jpackages-utils, could we explain what
>>> it bring ?
>> I'll dig on that during my launch break
AFAIU jpackes-utils brings a directory structures and tools to manage JREs. It is required by packaged applications that, at least run on top of JRE (openjdk and sun-java)
but as it is also a dependency of, at least, openjdk rpm (didn't check for sun-java nor gcj) it may be removed for java application policy. Can someone confirm this ?