[Mageia-dev] undefined reference to `pow' even with -lm

Funda Wang fundawang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 14:48:28 CET 2011

I've committed a patch at mandriva's svn. You could grab it.

The problem comes from two parts:
1. Since python 2.7.1 (especial in Mandriva), python-config will
export the same LDFLAGS  as how python was built. Which enforce every
binary python module be linked with -lpython, so that it might be
easier when migrate to python 3.
2. The "-lm" switch is actually a linker library, it is of no use if
be passed as cflags, see here:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/asneeded.xml