[Mageia-dev] Java-Policy first draft published

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 16:47:28 CET 2011

On 21 January 2011 16:14, Michael scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> And they never though about security...
>
> Security is not a problem , it is java, no null pointer exception /o\.
>
> But that's not only security, there is simply bugs that happen, and API
> problem ( that IMHO happens more often than security issue ).

I've too often see java apps becoming very unstable once they got a
null pointer exception until one restarts tomcat/jboss/whatever...

More seriously when I was speaking about "though about security",
I meant people should got shot (twice) if they are OK with
downloading a binary from some random site w/o any checks...