[Mageia-dev] Packaging for Mageia

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Jan 22 08:24:46 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 04:15:59PM +0100, Jerome Quelin wrote:
> On 11/01/21 16:03 +0100, Michael scherer wrote:
> > > i guess this'll be mitigated when:
> > > a) more build nodes will be added to bs
> >
> > Well, we do have a limited rack space at lost oasis so we cannot
> > add much server for the moment, and for now, I think we are planning
> > others stuff with potential server ( and as people will ask it, no, we still do not
> > plan to let people run a buildnode if the sysadmin team is not the only group
> > of people to access to it as admin for security reason ).
>
> uh? you mean mageia will run with 1 bs node of each type, and that's it?

We can set multiple built bots on each node.

But with 2 nodes ( unless we decide to add some vm
on the web server for building, or on the server used for iso building ),
there isn't much variations to do. But our servers are quite fast, so
this shouldn't be a problem before a long time.

Of course, if we can manage to get more servers to rack, and once we will have
fullfilled the needs that were expressed over the past months ( like at minima 1
backup server and 1 server for shell access ), we can start to add build nodes.

Ideally, we should also think of integrating ports in the mix. I had a pandaboard
for that purpose that I gave to a friend in the meantime, but I think there is more urgent
thing to do for the moment :)

--
Michael Scherer