[Mageia-dev] Dev Team Call To Action...
maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 01:17:26 CET 2011
I know -dev team doesn't exist yet, but in spite of that: some of us may be
Yesterday in the packaging meeting, misc and Stormi talked about the 3days
they went to a Cross-Distro App Installer Meeting. As far as I understood,
our involvement in AppStream is 4 part:
- mageia-app-db would like to use the metadata to display on the site.
- sophie would like some of the metadata too.
- mageia could work on making packagekit support work (it does not replace
rpm or urpmi in any way, it is cross-distro and just delegates the work to
urpmi (in our case).)
- mageia would then package AppStream in the distro. (Nothing is being said
as being used by default: Note that AppStream only does Applications, while
eg: rpmdrake installs packages).
Since this concerns mostly packaging, it has had a start-discussion in the
- mageia-app-db (Stormi: PHP) would like some help.
- sophie (Nanar: Perl) would like some help.
- packagekit support (misc: Perl) would need to be finalized.
( requires intimate knowledge of perl-URPM )
- someone will have to package AppStream eventually.
afaik shikamaru would help with sophie, so i think that is covered.
So this leaves:
- PHP for mageia-app-db
- Perl-URPMI related stuff for packagekit support (i might have some time for
this, not sure yet)
Now then, if there is anyone from -dev team who is inclined to help out,
please, tell us :-)
Maarten (aka AL13N)
More information about the Mageia-dev