[Mageia-dev] Dev Team Call To Action...

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Jan 27 23:38:36 CET 2011

Le jeudi 27 janvier 2011 01:17:26, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
>  - mageia would then package AppStream in the distro. (Nothing is being
> said as being used by default: Note that AppStream only does Applications,
> while eg: rpmdrake installs packages).

Note that "AppStream" is not the name of a piece of software, but the codename
for a project that relies on various components (packagekit, OCS, applications
metadata...). We *may* use the Ubuntu Software Center (which should be using
packagekit as a back-end instead of apt soon, hopefully), but we could also
choose to develop our own Software Center or improve existing tools (though it
would probably require a lot of work).

> So this leaves:
>  - PHP for mageia-app-db

For mageia-app-db, we can use help on various subjects (internationalization
of the application from a technical point of view, security audit, UI
design...). However I don't want to "steal" work forces from the rest of the
Mageia project. There's no urgence right now on mageia-app-db side, I think.
However, any help is welcome !

Samuel